Actionaid Has Announced New jobs For Socail Organizer in Bamain
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per Organization Salary scale|
|Vacancy Number:||Social Organizer-Bamyan-840|
|No. Of Jobs:||6|
|Years of Experience:||• At least 3 years’ experience in similar work relevant to in Agriculture / Forestry or horticulture.|
|Contract Duration:||December, 2022|
|Education:||Graduate from Agriculture/ Forestry/ horticulture/ Environmental related field.|
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights-based development approach.
Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all our work.
Job Description for Socail Organizer Jobs
The social organizer is responsible to maintain close relationship with the communities to facilitate a smooth program and project implementation. Facilitate awareness creation measures and facilitate responses to conflict as a tool to enable their participation in their development process.
Job Requirements for Socail Organizer Jobs
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibilities 01: Program Management
- Assessment, selecting beneficiary for watershed related activities
- Conducting meetings with CDCs, DRRCs, Community Elder and community groups
- Facilitate formation of community structures or networks through consultation and participation of CDC members
- participate or take part on training, awareness , meeting at district level
- Follow up the SRD project which will be implemented in coverage areas
- Conduct regular meetings with CBOs in order to increase their awareness and knowledge on Hazard and preparedness against Natural disaster and natural resource management.
- Collect and prepare case studies, stories and photos of activities and maintain it in program archive to use for report
- Collect baseline data for all watershed related activities, and assist the project team in conducting the action research in the area of watershed management
- Supervise and mobilize the watershed supervisors
- Develop watershed treatment plans with social communities, and keep update record of the work progress.
- Develop appropriate MoUs / Agreements with communities and or community institutions in controlled grazing, contribution in NRM, water sharing, establishment of farmers’ field schools/ demonstrations etc.
- To assist in identification of target group through participatory processes.
- To ensure in program design and assessment stage environmental protection, equity and disaster risk reduction measures incorporate into program activities.
- Inform Watershed Officer about any technical problems, e.g., appearance of pest and diseases.
- Quality control of the work progress at watershed level and reporting to relevant sectors and departments on work progress.
- Ability on establishing nurseries, direct seeding, and tree plantation in watershed area.
- Delivering the messages on importance of watershed and reforestation among the communities.
- Ensure / promote women participation wherever possible.
Job Responsibilities 02: Monitoring & Impact Assessment
- Ensure regular information collection on each agreed indicators and reported.
- Organize internal monitoring and impact assessment visits
- Conducting PVA, using tree’s problem, historical mapping, hazard mapping some, seasonal calendar and other related tools for identifying the vulnerability of communities .
- to collect and records: case studies, incident, succeed stories, facts, values and findings at community level-
- Facilitating social audits of each program/project.
- Identify some challenges through the PVA in order to implement some mitigation projects by Action aid or other sectors.
Job Responsibilities 03: Reporting & Communication
- Develop and submit accurate monthly work plans and reports to the Watershed Officer.
- These reports should include technical social and impact information.
- Systematically capture and document lessons from the community interactions to identify priority issues and to inform the program team on necessary actions
- Monitor from project regularly by time and give the progress report on time to Project officer
Job Responsibilities 04: Capacity Building and networking
Deliver training to Watershed Management Committees, Watershed Associations, and CDCs and relevant CBOs.
Education & Training:
Graduate from Agriculture/ Forestry/ horticulture/ Environmental related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar work relevant to in Agriculture / Forestry or horticulture.
Technical Skills :
- Computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Writing skills in English /Dari
- Writing skills in Dari / English,
Submission Guideline for Socail Organizer Jobs
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before july 15th, 2022. Please clearly indicate Social Organizer-Bamyan-840 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis; thus, applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants..
Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.